Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hope and Healing

We have received some much-needed good news at the Dirks' home! Friday afternoon we were sent the referral for a very little baby boy who is only ONE MONTH OLD! We are very excited to welcome this little one into our family. He has big brown eyes, cute little lips, and CRAZY hair :) We can't wait to bring him home.

So the process now is to:
  • wait to find out our assigned court date
  • wait for the day of court to come (we're guessing this will be in about two months)
  • if we pass, travel about 4 weeks after that.
As we have experienced, there are no guarantees that things will go this way, but we will hope and pray for the best.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers on our behalf over the past two weeks. It has been one of the harder things we've been through, but we are thankful that God has put such loving and supportive people in our lives. And the news of this new precious baby has brought much hope and healing to our hearts.

7 comments:

Paula said...

I am so happy for you!! I will keep your family in my prayers for a smooth, trouble-free process. Congratulations!

Anne said...

Wow! Incredible news!!! Excited and happy for you! ;)

Scotty & Kerry said...

Oh Emily - Praise the Lord. I have prayed often for you as have many of my friends here who read your blog. We will be in prayer for you and for your sweet little one. We are exactly where you are - waiting for a court date to be assigned. I think your post title is perfect. Draw nearer to the Lord for healing and hold on tight to the HOPE!

TheGreatHighJill said...

Oh Emily I'm so excited for you guys!!! I was so very sad to hear about the loss of Luke but am hoping along with you this new precious boy will be home in your arms QUICKLY!

Miss you lots. Much love and prayers,
Amber E.

Cara Meyer said...

Praise God, I can't imagine going through what you all did. God is good and perfect. There had to be some reason why this all happened. I hope you are doing ok. I will continue to pray that your process will go smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! So excited for you and will be praying for all to go as planned. YAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING! Emily, I have been praying much for your heart and will continue to pray for this little one ...