Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sad News

Yesterday we received some very sad news. Our adoption agency called to tell us that they just found out that Luke is no longer in their care. They simply don't have him anymore. After some calling, we found out that probably a month ago someone from Luke's extended family came to claim him, but it sounds like there was only one worker in the orphanage that actually knew about it, and in what is apparently a cultural way of dealing with bad news, she didn't want to tell anyone about it, so she didn't. And it wasn't just Luke, but he and three other kids have been placed back with families, while we and others have legally adopted them, except that they weren't really there to be adopted. So, needless to say, we are not going to Ethiopia on Friday. The only way the timing and circumstances seem that they could have been worse would have been if we had found out when we were over there. It all seems so calculatedly cruel (which I'm sure satan is) and of course, we have no way of seeing what good God is ordaining in this at this point (that's not to say that He isn't, but that we can't see it). So, please pray for us, that our faith would not waver and that we would be able to adjust to this part of God's plan for us.

8 comments:

Anne said...

I don't know what to say, except I'm so very sorry. My heart hurts for you. You and your family will be in our prayers.

The Andersons said...

Emily - I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry about my other post today. I had no idea. We are lifting you up in prayer. May God comfort you. I am just so very very sorry.

Paula said...

You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. I am so sad for your family.

Becky said...

I have been checking frequently to hear more about your travel details... My heart hurts for you as I read your sad news.
There are no words... but I'm praying for you.

"The Lord sustains the humble." Psalm 147:6

Love in Christ, Becky

Cara Meyer said...

We are part of the group of families in your agency that are waiting for our court dates to pass. We heard your sad news and our hearts go out to you and your family. You are lifting you up in our thoughts and prayers. May the Lord sustain you and give you strength during this time.

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Although we don't know you ... we are shedding tears on your behalf today. Oh, how heartbreaking! We are praying that God would comfort your hearts!

joy said...

I am SO sorry to read this. My heart is aching for you and your family. I'll definitely be praying for you guys.

pandjalexander said...

Emily, I can't even put into words how sad I am for you. You are in our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.